Physicians & Physician Groups
The attorneys of Wachler & Associates specialize in representing physicians and physician groups on all aspects of their legal needs. Our attorneys have expertise in the vast legal and regulatory areas impacting physicians and physician groups and we regularly counsel and represent physicians and physician groups with respect to Medicare and Medicaid compliance, HIPAA compliance, Fraud and Abuse compliance, RAC or private pay audits and appeals, contractual and transactional arrangements, corporate formation and governance, physician-hospital relations and other federal and state regulatory matters.
Our attorneys regularly counsel and represent physicians in sensitive licensure and medical staff privilege matters, both in state and abroad. Our firm understands the numerous consequences that State licensing actions or adverse hospital actions may have and our experienced attorneys take an expansive view of the matter in order to assess and minimize the collateral damage that could result from such an action or a proposed settlement.
Wachler & Associates’ attorneys understand the regulatory environment pertaining to physicians and physician groups and our firm has the knowledge and experience necessary to represent physicians and physician groups in all aspects of their legal needs to face those regulatory challenges. Some examples that Wachler & Associates regularly counsels physicians and physician groups on include:
- RAC or private pay audits and appeals
- Fraud and Abuse counseling including compliance with the Stark law and federal Anti-Kickback Statute
- HIPAA compliance
- Medicare and Medicaid compliance and billing matters
- Licensure issues
- Medical staff and privilege matters
- Joint ventures and group practices
- Purchase and sale of practice
- Relationships with hospitals, health systems and other health care entities
- Employment and independent contractor arrangements and agreements
- Development and implementation of comprehensive compliance programs, including compliance training and assistance with self-audits
- Compliance with anesthesia and pain management regulations
- Corporate formation and reorganization
- Self-disclosure issues related to identified overpayments
- Practice operations, corporate governance and compliance policies
- Contractual and transactional arrangements
- Other regulatory and health care law matters
For the CMS Physician Center, please see here.
Our attorneys have written many articles regarding physicians and physician groups. For a list of Wachler & Associates articles, please click here.
The attorneys of Wachler & Associates often speak on issues relevant to physicians and physician groups. For a list of Wachler & Associates speaking engagements, please click here.