Urgent Care Centers
The attorneys of Wachler & Associates understand the unique regulatory environment facing urgent care centers and have expertise in advising urgent care center providers in all aspects of legal and regulatory areas impacting their practice. Our attorneys are experienced in counseling and representing urgent care centers on issues relating to:
- Corporate practice of medicine
- EMTALA compliance
- Operations, corporate governance , structural issues, and compliance policies
- Physician contracting
- Corporate formation and joint-ventures with physicians, hospitals or health systems
- Purchasing and sales of urgent care centers
- Fraud and Abuse counseling including compliance with the Stark law and federal Anti-Kickback Statute
- Accreditation and credentialing issues
- HIPAA compliance
- Contractual and transactional arrangements
- Medicare and Medicaid enrollment
- Compliance with Medicare and Medicaid coding and payment regulations
- RAC, ZPIC, Medicare, Medicaid or private pay audits and appeals
- Other regulatory and health care law matters
- Audits - Medicare and third party payors (such as Blue Cross and Aetna) often target urgent care centers in audits covering a range of risk areas. Our firm has expertise in defending urgent care centers in Medicare/Medicaid audits (including RAC, ZPIC, and MAC audits) and third party payor audits. We also represent urgent care centers in appealing claim denials through all levels of the claims appeals process. We have expert understanding of the procedural, substantive, and strategic issues involved in audit defense that allows us to handle Medicare audit appeals from the initial redetermination stage up to and including appeals in federal district court. We work with our clients to understand the substantive issues unique to each urgent care center and to develop an effective and practical audit defense strategy, including drafting position papers and written submissions specifically tailored to each audit.
- Physician Contracting — Our attorneys regularly assist urgent care centers with the drafting and negotiation of employment agreements. Our experience with physician and hospital contracting allows us to identify issues that could create problems for an urgent care center in the future if not addressed at the time of contracting, such as non-compete and non-solicitation provisions, allocating audit risk, and other issues.
- Evaluation and Management Coding
- Stark law Compliance
- Non-Physician Provider Billing
For the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ benefit policies for urgent care centers, please see click here.
Our attorneys have written many articles relevant to urgent care centers. For a list of Wachler & Associates articles, please click here.
The attorneys of Wachler & Associates often speak on issues relevant to urgent care centers. For a list of Wachler & Associates speaking engagements, please click here .
Call us at (248) 544-0888 or send us an e-mail to schedule a meeting to discuss your concerns with Urgent Care Center legal issues or to address your other healthcare law-related needs.